Gogebic Medical Care Facility offers its own accredited Nurse Aide Training Program. This Program gives employment opportunities to our community and ensures that our employees receive the best possible training to care for our residents.
- A period of three (3) weeks
- 8 hours a day, Monday through Friday
- Equals 120 hours
- Students receive classroom, laboratory and clinical training
- Classes normally run every other month
Payment and Costs
There are various forms of payment for Nurse Aide Training.
- Pay $840.00 for class and get fees reimbursed when hired after completing probation on a monthly basis.
- Be hired by Gogebic Medical Care Facility, which means you sign a contract that once class is competed you work for GMCF for one year and then Nurse Aide Training fees are waived.
For more information regarding our Nurse Aide Training Program, please call Heidi Brown at 906-224-9811, Extension 127. Applications may also be picked up at the Ironwood Michigan Works office, or at Gogebic Medical Care Facility.
Fill out an application online or print one off and return it to use.