Gogebic Medical Care Facility is a 109 bed Medicare / Medicaid certified nursing facility located in Wakefield, Michigan. In January 2016, our facility earned its sixth deficiency free annual state survey since 2004. Consumer Reports Magazine named our facility as one of Michigan’s Top 15 Nursing Homes.
We are proud to offer our residents certified nursing and extensive rehabilitation. Our professional staff is devoted to each Resident’s unique and individual needs. We provide an understanding and loving atmosphere for everyone who calls our facility home.
- Our residents have consistent caregivers who know them well.
- Our staff-to-resident ratio exceeds state standards.
- Our home is restraint free.
- Our facility provides person-centered care for the residents.
- 109 Medicare / Medicaid Certified Beds
- Private Rooms Available Based on Need
- Spacious Semi-Private Rooms
- 24 Hour Skilled Nursing Care Special Needs Unit (The Comfort Zone)
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- IV Therapy
- Recuperative Care
- Long Term Care
- Pharmacy Services
- Therapeutic Diets
- Social Services
- Activity Programs
- Garden / Walking Path
- Pet Visits
- Open Visiting Hours
- Spiritual Services
- Barber / Beauty Shop
- Internet Access – FREE
- Cable TV (separate billing)
- Telephone (separate billing)
- Secured Alarm Doors
- Assistance with Secondary Insurance Billing
Gogebic Medical Care Facility offers free wireless internet access to its residents and guests! Now you can share online pictures, videos, and blogs with your loved ones. NO PASSWORD is required for families or visitors to access the internet. Just use your own personal laptop, tablet, smartphone, or other device.
The connection name is “GMCF – Public”. The Ward Clerks will be happy to assist you if needed.
This area of our facility is designed for residents with special needs. The Comfort Zone is well staffed with consistent caregivers who know the resident’s and attend to their individual needs.
Activity Aides encourage spontaneous leisure activities.
The interventions offered in the Comfort Zone have been shown to reduce depression and boost self-esteem.
Our goal is to reinforce the individual’s identity and build upon their strengths. The Comfort Zone:
- Accommodates behavioral changes.
- Maximizes abilities.
- Promotes personal safety.
- Encourages independence.