Food & Nutrition Services is headed by Certified Dietary Manager / Registered Dietitian, Tina Huotari and Kitchen Manager / Diet Tech Registered, Emmy Tuzee. There are 18 other dietary employees in the department, including cooks and aides.
- Provides three nutritious meals plus supplemental nourishment to over 100 residents on a daily basis.
- Employees and guests can also purchase from the Food & Nutrition Services lunch and supper meals.
- Provides a five-week cycle menu which is specifically designed to include all therapeutic and mechanically altered diets used in the Facility.
- An alternate meal is available each day for residents who do not like what is on the regular menu.
- Provides nourishing snacks and dietary supplements for those residents whose diets require snacks or supplements, or if a resident makes a request for them.
- Makes considerations for ethnic and religious food preferences.
- Special meals are provided for all holidays and special functions including: Nursing Home Week, Picnic Day, and many other theme-days throughout the year.
Each month the Dietary Department holds a Food Committee meeting in which residents are invited to openly discuss any concerns or suggestions regarding the food being served. At this meeting, the residents vote on resident choice meals which are honored once a month by the Dietary Department.
Families are encouraged to dine with loved ones in our Dining Room overlooking our beautiful garden area. Visitors are welcome any time to come and enjoy a cup of coffee or an entire meal. In-room or on-floor dining is available to accommodate all residents and visitors.
Making dining fun and enjoyable for the residents is one of our goals, along with meeting therapeutic and nutritional needs. Feel free to contact either Tina or Emmy with any questions concerning our resident’s dietary needs.
Tina Huotari 906-224-9811 Ext. 106
Emmy Tuzee 906-224-9811 Ext. 151