We are excited to announce we are taking appointments for in facility visits. Please dial extension 103 to set up an appointment. Please remember proper hand washing, social distancing, wear masks while in public and getting vaccinated when you can, are ways we can combat the spread of COVID 19 together. Please see the Infographic for more information.
Gogebic Medical Care Facility’s Approach to COVID-19
After recent required mandates from the Federal and State Government regarding the COVID-19 pandemic Gogebic County Medical Care Facility has had to put into place some safety measures that directly affect you and your loved ones.
- No Volunteer Services allowed within the building.
- All employees must go through a health screening upon entering the building.
- All residents who have their laundry done by their family, will now have it done by the facility. If you have laundry at home that needs to be delivered, call the facility and drop it at the front door.
- Only Medical Appointments that cannot be rescheduled will take place, after careful evaluation.
- Family may “Facetime” or set up a “Zoom Meeting” with their loved one through a computer by calling the Activity Department for an appointment. Contact Chris or Heidi at ext. 104 or 103
- In facility visitations are now available by appointment.
- Contests, and all sorts of creative activities are planned to keep residents as occupied as possible. You may call them at any time.
- Vendors, Sales reps, UPS, FedEx, etc. and other non-medical individuals, will be dropping their items at the door.
This has been a super challenging event for us, and with constant planning and following the guidelines put out by the CDC, Federal and State Government, we are making every effort to keep our employees and foremost, residents safe. If you have further questions, call us at 906-224-9811.